I'm Jayda, and you can find me over at Sing Out Your Song. My blog is a collection of all the things I love; recipes, crafts, stories of my lovely life as a wife and dog owner. I also really enjoy blogging about fashion. I LOVE clothes, shoes, and accessories, whether I'm dressing up, or grunging down. Today, I'm going to tell you about some of my fashion essentials for summer, with a little assistance from Polyvore. Do you guys love polyvore as much as I do?! It's one of my favorites, for sure! Here are my top 10 summer fashion essentials!
2) Cargo Capris: Same deal as the skirt for dress-up-and-down-abilility, also really light and comfy, which is a must for me in the summer.
(Capris: Ralph Lauren; I don't own these, but I own similar and cheaper ones from RW and Co)
3) Casual Tank: I like shirts that don't cling when it's hot out. I also like cute tanks that can go with almost anything. This is both.
4) Denim Shorts: For obvious reasons. Match-ability. Comfort-ability. Off-duty-ability. (are you getting the idea that I really like to add "ability" onto the ends of random words to sound more knowledgeable? ) (Shorts: RW and Co)
5) Sneakers: I really like the look of sneakers with shorts or capris. It's cute, casual, and comfortable. Also good for camping or really long shopping expeditions. More on this in #8.
6) A Versatile Summer Dress: In case it isn't obvious yet, I love anything that can do double duty. This dress is cute as a day-time outfit with flat sandals, but add a cute pair of wedges, and it's date night appropriate.
7) Fancy Schmancy Tank: It can dress up denim sorts, or look cute with a pencil skirt and heels. And this yellow one goes nicely with a tan.
8) Low Rise Socks: I like wearing sneakers and flats even when it's hot outside (see #5). Summer sock options? Not so great. I don't like socks sticking out of my shoes, but the avoid-removing-shoes-for-fear- of-scaring-everyone-away alternative is even worse. I wanted better for myself, and I'm sure you do to.These socks are it. Sneakers, minus the sweaty feet. Sorry for the gross imagery. But seriously, give them a try!
9) Button Down Shirt: It's a good alternative to a heavy sweater at night, and it makes a cute swim suit cover during the day.
(Shirt: American Eagle?)
10) Flat sandals: Cute, and easy to walk in. I love these brown ones from Target for a dressier look, but my sanuk flip flops are my casual go- to. They're made from yoga mats, and seriously SO comfy!
It was hard to choose just ten, but if I had to, these would be the ones! Do you have any fashion essentials that you just can't live without in the summer?
Thanks again to Carisa and all of you for having me today, it's been a blast! Stop by my blog and say hi, I'd love to hear from you!